NAYS’ Ltd mission is the provision of specialized consultative services and the conduct of studies regarding fisheries, aquaculture, environmental issues, spatial planning, coastal zone management and global regional development. In addition, it offers consultative services related to maritime issues, renewable energy projects, ecotourism, quality assurance systems, market research, agro-product branding and processing. The company operates in accordance with the EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance Criteria and it is accredited with the necessary consultancy certificates by the Ministry of Environment & Energy for the elaboration of Environmental and Ichthyological Studies.
NAYS Ltd is registered in the List of Suppliers and Services of the Special Management Service of the Operational Programme for Fisheries and Sea, Ministry of Rural Development and Food, since 2017.
Clients turn to NAYS Ltd for the wide range of services and projects it offers in Greece and Europe. Our combination of experience, innovation and expertise gained by working on the above mentioned fields for many years results in generating competitive and challenging outcome for our clientele. Moreover, NAYS Ltd keeps up with the latest international technology developed and research carried out in the aquaculture or related fields which our highly-skilled personnel and partners incorporate in our studies and projects.
Towards that direction, NAYS Ltd continuously invests on its personnel and adopts modern technology methods, aiming at unceasing improvement of services provided, thus improving cost effectiveness.
The awareness of the requirements of E.U. and National Legislation secure the high-quality level of the outcome.
The company’s human resources are scientifically trained and have significant experience in the assessment, management and administration of projects and programs. In addition, the company has a wide network of external collaborators such as specialized scientists, university and research institutions and some of the largest developmental consultancies in Greece.
The General Manager and owner of NAYS Ltd is Ms Ioanna Argyrou a senior Biologist – Ichthyologist, member of the Geotechnical Chamber of Greece and a highly experienced consultant and technical advisor in the fields of environmental and spatial planning studies, fisheries and aquaculture since 1988.
NAYS Ltd Conducts Studies in the Following Fields
1. Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Studies based on National and European legislation are carried out in the context of sustainable development, specializing in various sectors such as:
• the rural sector
• renewable energy resources
2. Management Plans
NAYS Ltd undertakes Environmental Assessment of the Area, Identification of Anthropogenic Pressures/Activities as well as, Definition of main problems. Planning with Suggestions – Measures – Public consultation – Management actions are carried out specializing in the following areas:
• Protected Areas and Areas of Special Conservation Status
• Rivers and Estuaries
3. Aquaculture Sector
I. Studies for the definition of ‘Areas of Organized Development of Aquaculture Activities’ (‘POAY’ – acronym of the respective Greek terminology)
Within the framework of these studies Maritime Spatial Planning in the coastal
zone and Mapping of POAY as well as, Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment are carried out and the creation of Collective Actions within POAY is assessed.
More specific the following:
The identification of suitable (spatially and environmentally) locations for the development of POAY in a particular area – Marine and Land Zone Planning, occurs while addressing among others:
• Carrying Capacity Studies
• Implementation of the Marine Framework Strategy Directive
• Habitat Mapping in coastal and offshore areas
• Determination of Good Environmental Status indicators and targets
• Monitoring of water quality parameters within P.O.A.Y.
• Suggestions for the functional adaptation and harmonic co-existence of P.O.A.Y. with their surroundings
NAYS Ltd also offers consulting services for P.O.A.Y. Establishment procedures concerning the Management and Administration Body “Operator” of POAY.
II. Aquaculture Projects
• Planning and conduct of studies for Aquaculture Projects (establishment, expansion and modernization and/or relocation):
• Mediterranean marine fish farms planning (sea-bass, sea bream, red sea bream, sharpsnout sea bream, black bream etc), freshwater fish farms planning (trout, carp, eel etc), ‘New species’ aquaculture farms planning (blue- fin tuna, yellowtails, groupers, croakers, soles, brills, shrimps, frogs), shellfish farming.
• Land-based farms planning (hatcheries, pre-growing facilities, packing and processing plants, shellfish depuration and dispatch centers, distribution centers, other land-based facilities, small scale dock and pier facilities).
• Aquaculture Waste Management Systems Design
• Studies for the establishment/modernization of traditional aquaculture operations of semi-intensive/extensive type (lagoon etc.).
• Consultative Services for the Licensing of Projects in the context of National and E.U. legislation
• Planning of aquaculture and fisheries activities integrated with alternative touristic activities (eco-tourism etc).
• Research and Development (R&D) for the integration of environmentally friendly Novel Technology, for quality improvement and cost efficiency.
• Innovative technology Pilot Projects.
• Conduct of studies on the field of biological aquaculture, according to E.U. and National legislation.
• Conduct of studies for the development of branded products.
Additionally, it is mentioned that the company has carried out:
• The establishment of a novel land-based aquaculture unit for the pre-growing of mediterranean marine fish.
• The establishment, modernization and expansion of marine farms for the fattening (‘penning’) of bluefin tuna, Thunnus thynnus.
• The establishment of a land based Biosecure, fully re-circulating, monitored greenhouse enclosed facility, for the intensive production of the black tiger prawn, Penaeus monodon.
• The establishment of an ornamental fish hatchery with a fully re-circulating system.
Design and Conduct of Techno-economic Studies, within the framework of sustainable development and for the encouragement of competitiveness
• Business Plans funded under E.U. and National Developmental Programs.
• Studies for the processing, marketing and distribution of fishery products.
• Cost evaluation assessments for the viability of aquaculture farms and fish-processing plants.
• Studies for the design offish-feed factories and fish-packing plants.
• Market research and evaluation for equipment and know-how.
Monitoring of the implementation of investment programs.
Conduct of reports for project certification mechanisms.
4. Fisheries Sector
• Socioeconomic studies.
• Fish fry recruiting devices for ecological restoration through bio-manipulation.
• Discards utilization and the implementation of the Landing Obligation.
• Sustainable development of fishing areas.
• Fishing effort management plans.
5. Innovative Solutions for Maritime Challenges – European Programmes
• Technological Platforms.
• Platforms for electronic sales of seafood.
• Design of technological parks.
• Participation in EU programs and initiatives for Blue Growth, Research and technological applications in fisheries, aquaculture and maritime spatial planning.
• Organization of Publicity Events for the dissemination of information.
6. Studies for Quality Assurance Systems
• Setting out and Designing for appropriate Quality Assurance Systems, (ISO 9001, ISO 22000:2005 – Food Safety Management Systems – Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP), etc.
7. Market Research and Public Relations
• Market research for the promotion of aquaculture products
• Organization of public relations events, promotion of products and markets’ expansion.